Thursday, March 18, 2010

Who is a collector?

In my opinion, everyone one of us is a collector of banknotes and coins, its just the degree of seriousness. I term everyone as a "stealth" collector. For instance, does the scenario of keeping a bird series note in your wallet and never wanting to spend it familiar to you? And this stealth collecting resulted in a stash of these notes which are tucked away in your drawer along the years?

Everyone likes to keep something unique and special for themselves. For me, I started off just like any other person, collecting these "notes of chance" in my wallet. My first "collectible" note was a 10 dollar orchid note my mum passed it to me, and this marked the start of my collection.

The note mesmerized me, I was amazed by the detail, the art and the meaning behind this note. Alongside with the illustrations, there were also bit and parts of history hidden in each note. To ingnite your interest, I shall attach a small scan of the orchid 10 dollar note here.



No comments:

Post a Comment